What We Offer…
- Company paid health benefits!
- Paid onsite and Mill Steel University department specific trainings
- Safety frame stipend
- Boot Allowance
- Team oriented environment
- Awarded “National Best & Brightest Companies To Work For” 10 consecutive years running (2010 – 2020)
- Awarded “National Best & Brightest Elite Winner”:
- 2010 – Elite Winner in Recognition & Retention
- 2016 – Elite Winner in Community Initiatives
- 2017 – Elite Winner in Recruitment, Selection & New Employee Orientation
- 2020 – Elite Winner in Communication & Shared Vision
Ideal candidate will have knowledge in slitting and packaging of steel coils and overhead crane and forklift experience. Training is available for the right individual. Candidate must be available to work any shift and overtime as needed including weekends. Looking for a hard-working employee with a great attitude and ready to be apart of a great team.
As one of our production team members we will train you in a variety of roles throughout the plant to equip you with the experience and expertise you need to take with you in the next step of your career. We will train you on the below responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Overhead crane operation
- Forklift operation
- Shipping & receiving services
- Slitting & packaging steel coils
- Operate cranes, and other equipment as necessary
- Communicate with co-workers and management in an effective manner
- Follow all processes and procedures
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by practicing safe work habits, good housekeeping procedures, and adhering to all safety guidelines in accordance with company safety policy.
- Be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
- Assist in other areas on an as needed basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in industrial / manufacturing industry a plus
- Lift truck experience preferred, not required
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Basic computer skills (possible data entry or retrieval)
- Must be able to stand for more than 8 plus hours per day
- Be willing and able to work overtime as necessary
- Good communication skills
- Sense of humor!
Mill Steel Company is a family owned, Flat-Rolled Steel Service Center founded in 1959. The company’s success has been driven by its long-term status as a preferred supplier of high-quality steel to automakers and their suppliers across North America as well as customers in the appliance, agricultural equipment, homebuilding and office furniture industries. Mill Steel has production facilities in Grand Rapids and Melvindale, Michigan, Birmingham, Alabama, Jeffersonville, Indiana, and the newest location, Houston, Texas. Our main corporate headquarters is in Grand Rapids, Michigan.