Mill Steel Company
We are seeking an experienced maintenance technician for our Houston, Texas location. This individual will perform maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant equipment, machinery, & tools in good operating condition. Join a winning team with competitive wages and outstanding benefits!
- Moderately complex work requiring attention to detail to properly dismantle, repair, lubricate, and reassemble machinery.
- General maintenance duties in varied capacities, such as machine repair, electrician, pipefitter, plumber, millwright, welder & burner, and electronic technician.
- Start, observe, operate, or activate equipment to detect or verify malfunction or correction.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventative maintenance.
- Tear down, replace, install, and assemble simple equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Adjust equipment or system mechanisms.
- Operate forklifts, man lift, and cranes as needed.
- Submit work orders as needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Perform any and all other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of maintenance experience required. Manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and repair of equipment or machines preferred.
- Basic wiring experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills required.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Compesation: $13.00 – $26.00 per hour
Mill Steel Company is a family-owned, flat-rolled steel service center founded in 1959. The company’s success is driven by its long-term status as a preferred supplier of high-quality steel to some of the most demanding industries including; automotive and non-automotive transport, appliance, office furniture, commercial construction, HVAC, home goods, and agriculture. Mill Steel has production facilities in Grand Rapids and Melvindale Michigan, Jeffersonville Indiana, Birmingham Alabama, and Houston Texas along with sales offices throughout the nation. Our corporate headquarters is in Grand Rapids, Michigan.